My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 REVIEW



Holy Cow! I'm totally blown away when I stop to think back of all the wonderful things that have happened this year. Of course, the biggest thing was our wedding in February in Puerto Vallarta with all our friends and family.



We continued the party in Mexico with our Honeymoon in Cabo.


Probably the other single biggest thing that happened this years was discovering the world of real photography. As much as I loved photos with my other camera, I realized there was just so much more I could do with a SLR. I took a few classes and spent a bunch of money and I know I can't be without my digital baby. I've had so much fun photographing my married life, Zoe, nature and the crazy construction (or destruction) of the world around me.



I found a new passion in my life in July as I joined the addictive world of blogging July 23rd, just after your long weekend trip to Colorado. Plus it was a perfect place for me to put all my new photos. Stephanie and Ginger came out to Texas for a visit, we hung out with the kidz in Galveston and toured downtown Houston.


I spent quite a bit of time this year recording a little bit of my history, about the stories I remember growing up and the places where I spent my early years. I've enjoyed all these flashbacks and I think they are an alternative way to keep a family journal or make a big album.


I've done quite a bit of travel for work, taking some fun photos from the airplane on my way to investigate car crashes around the country. I also spent 1 evening a week this fall volunteering to tutor GED students. Making a difference even closer to home, we were able to help out some very special boys with their Christmas.

Due to H's job, we made lots of concerts and games. I had the chance to read many books this year and we've even made an effort to watch more good movies. Plus I've posted a few movie clips- mostly Zoe on the blog from my other camera.

We spent our Thanksgiving in Alabama, exploring the deep south and all it's history. Christmas- all 4 parts were just awesome, including spending 40 days before celebrating the birth of Christ to reflect upon his life. Not to mention the new lenses and the Wii.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: A special thanks to my blog-world friends who leave lots of loving- Christy, Amanda, Katie, Rhonda, Liza and Courtney!

5 comments:

a real librarian said...

Looks like a fabulous year, A!! I hope 2008 is just as wonderful!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Courtney said...

What a great year filled with some great photos! Looking forward to more in 2008!

Rhonda said...

I loved the year in review! What an amazing 2007 you had. I hope that 2008 proves to be an even more amazing year for you.

Happy New Year!!!

Christy said...

You've had a wonderful fun-filled year! Here's to hoping you have many more exciting and amazing adventures in 2008! ((HUGS)) & Happy New Year!

Amanda said...

Happy New Year and I love your 2008"goals" not "resolutions" :) Keep up the blogging because they are great!! And you are motivating me to get back into running :)