My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

DAY 34 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.



Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.





ABANDONED BY GOD: "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted." Isaiah 53:4



Again, some more very important dying words from the cross in today's meditation.

The devotional hits on another point that many people really struggle with- "Why?". Why do I have to repent? Why do my sins need to be forgiven? Why can't everybody go to heaven? Why do I have to accept Jesus? Why does God allow people to go to hell? All these questions are answered by the phrase "honored the holiness of heaven". It's just impossible for God to allow sin near Him (into heaven) or be around anything (or anyone) even the slightest bit unholy. It *HAS* to be this way- that's just the way heaven and God operate. In order for God to be God, to be a perfect, pure, holy God, there can only be righteous people in Heaven, who have accepted Jesus as their sacrifice before the Father for the forgiveness of sins. There is simply no other way for heaven to remain holy. That is "Why?".


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I think I'm finished with my holiday shopping (but not the decorating...oops!).

No comments: