My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

DAY 25 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.




Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



STEP IN THE BASIN: "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in Heaven." Matthew 10:32

This particular scripture is very familiar to me, because it is one that we used on our FAITH outline when presenting the message of sin and salvation to non-believers. I'd always wondered why Jesus had been insistent upon washing his disciples feet the night before his crucifixion. Why did he say it was necessary for the feet to be washed before they could be his people?

I think the devotional offers a good explanation for this analogy. We, as believers, must accept the truth that we are indeed dirty by the sin of this world and NEED to be cleaned by Jesus' blood. Once we recognize our own soiled and rotten state, then we can seek forgiveness of our sins on the cross. Until we accept this cleansing by His blood, we can not be called children of God. Only in a pure, sinless state can we go before God and give glory to Him who sent his Son to wash our sins away.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm so thankful God came down to this Earth, as a babe in a manger, to literally and figuratively wash us clean.

No comments: