My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

DAY 17 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.



Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



STANDING ON HIS WORD: "Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool ....Here a great number of disabled people used to live." John 5:2-3


Now you may wonder why we are reading about a Sheep Gate with a pool and why sometimes odd, detailed references to ancient places are included in Scripture. God giving us detailed descriptions of physical places and historical events is part of a plan that He has in place for us to verify the truth and accuracy of scripture. Reading about the Sheep Gate, which seems a bit random, I was reminded about Nehemiah's wall the he rebuilt in Jerusalem. Just this week, archaeologists have unearthed what they believe to be the 2,500 year old wall in Jerusalem. Again- further physical & historical proof to Bible.


There are some great books out there that detail all the historical, physical, archaeological and corroborating evidence to support the historical accuracy of the Bible. One great book is Case for Christ, which I highly recommend.


Lastly, I stop and think about how knowing Jesus has changed so many people's lives on such a personal level, including mine. I consider myself disabled without Him, without the hope of Salvation, without the endless grace and eternal love. It's only when I stand in Him that I am fully alive.



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: One of my favorite all time christian aritst, Rich Mullins sings If I Stand, with great words.


So if I stand let me stand on the promise
That you will pull me through
And if I can't, let me fall on the grace
That first brought me to You
And if I sing let me sing for the joy
That has born in me these songs
And if I weep let it be as a man
Who is longing for his home

No comments: