My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

DAY 38 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.


Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.


What a busy day! I started out with my last long training run before the marathon this morning. Finished up shopping for stocking stuffers, delivered some Christmas groceries to the family of the special little boys and then passed out for a nap. H and I are going to hit up an Brazilian restaurant tonight, in honor of our wedding anniversary and to celebrate our upcoming trip.

VICTORY RAGS: "Every detail in our lives of love for GOd is worked out into something good." Romans 8:28

Another one of those super-detail passages, where you wonder "What's the significance of this tiny detail?". I wonder if this could possibly be the fabled Shroud of Turin. We may never know, but the author of Romans told us that John "saw and believed." Remember that Jesus was the one that said "Because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed." (John 20:29). Over 2 thousand years later, we can't see the cloth or examine the empty tomb. All we have is the Bible and our faith. We are truly blessed when we believe without seeing.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: My 21 mile training run, although very warm and slightly rainy, went well this morning!

1 comment:

Reecy said...

You can see the Shroud at www.ChristontheShroud.com