My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 10, 2007

THE GREAT ROAD TRIP

Oh, how I wish I could say it was my great road trip. That I was taking off for a month. That I was hopping in my car with my dog. That I was camping in gorgeous places. That I was seeing friends all over the country. That I was one of my best friends- the great, amazing, smart, funny, fabulous Stephanie.

(Oldest photo of the two of us I could dig up. ACK! before digital!!! I'll have to scan some of our adventures....we were quite the adventurers. We were at a amateur hockey game for the Macon Whoopee.)


Stephanie and I met when we were at Wesleyan College in Macon, GA. We've been best buddies since then and have kept in touch as we shared on many adventures, of which we are both sworn to secrecy. I was honored to have stand by my side at our wedding and she gave the sweetest toast ever. Stephanie left her home in Florida July 5th with her dog Ginger and headed north. After spending a week with family in Minnesota, she returned to the death-heat of the South and came to Texas.


I couldn't have asked for a better time with my friend!! We laughed, shared, talked, drank, ate, laughed, drank, ate and relaxed. Friday after work, we headed to my mom's house to visit with her and take the dogs swimming. Ginger was a beach and lake dog, and not to certain about this crazy pool contraption. However, she would bark madly anytime Zoe was in the pool. It was quite amusing.

Zoe utterly worn out, but still protecting her toy.

We swam until both dogs were about to pass out, and we headed out to get our fix of Mexican food with H, my parents & his mom. Nothing beats Margaritas with your best friend! It was going to be a great weekend!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: There is no distance too far between friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart. Kathy Kay Benudiz

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I can't believe Zoe swims in your mom's pool!
Those margaritas look delish!