My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

TENANT HOUSE


I'm going to try to crunch out a few extra Alabama posts a day to get through them since I have quite a few more! Not that I'm doing anything interesting this weekend that I need to blog about next week, but something exciting might come along.


Not too far from the "main house" (not to be confused with the Old Place), is what is referred to as a tenant house. I'm sure Adelle told me all about, how it was built a really long time ago and how it had been expanded over the years and who has lived there. Too bad my memory sucks and I forgot most all of it.



Despite the appearance of the outside walls, aged and dilapidated, the building is actually doing relatively well. The contrast between the new, bright red roof, built to protect the inside of the house creates a unique contrast to the splintered boards below. Since the house is constructed of excellent "old" hardwoods, it will stand the test of time with minimal protection against the elements.



Something ominous about the tree adjacent to the tenant house- it looked so spooky and creepy. I was informed that it was some type of tree that the silk worms liked, so they could collect silk to make clothing from it.

I really got a bit carried away with my fascination with this house, but it was like a field day for me and my camera. It was fun exploring some body's abandoned world.

In case you didn't know why there would be two doors side-by-side, it was for leasing out a room of your house to other tenants. They would have their own door to access their room so as not to bother the original tenants.


Just one fabulous view of the mesmerizing trees with the freshly baled hay waiting to be collected. Back to the tenant house to look on the inside....

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Finished my 18 mile run this morning and felt pretty darn good!

1 comment:

a real librarian said...

I really enjoy looking at your photos, Amanda!! Great work, and so interesting!!!

p.s. 18 mile run - DAY-YUM!!! GO YOU!!!