My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

MISC ALABAMA



I'm going to attempt to round-up everything else Alabama in a post, so it's going to be very picture heavy! I loved way this old roof looked so weathered and worn compared to the fluffy soft clouds in the crisp blue sky.



Another fabulous tree that had lost of its leaves. Jerry assumed me they weren't dead, but I still thought they were pretty creepy.




The brown area in the middle, with all the tree stumps, is usually a small tank filled with water. Alabama & Georgia are going through one of the worst droughts in 100 years, so the tank has been empty for a while.



This tree once stood at the edge of the water, but now there is nothing for the deer or turkey or duck that once enjoyed the lake.




More on my fascination with chimneys- this once was especially intriguing. It was attached to another tenant house near the main house. However, sometime in the last few decades it burned to the ground. The tenant of the main house reported that it was struck by lightening and burned in the middle of a pouring rain storm.



It was just wild to me that the wood house was completely gone, but here still stood this fabulous monument to the death of that piece of history.




What a fabulous picture of the chimney among the cotton fields.





Here's what the red barn looks like from the cotton fields.






Here's a little self-portrait of me being freezing from the chilling wind, while taking some fun photos of the tenant house.



The main house had so many fabulous details and fun things around it too. This weather vane was neat to capture and watch as the wind blew.




And of course Kenny! Who accompanied us everywhere on our trips and walks through the woods or strolls in the cotton fields.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I think I'm done with the plantation pictures form Alabama and can move on to our field trips!

3 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Kenny is gorgeous!

By the way - your Alabama photos are beautiful, I think you should make a book of it (or some of it).

Go to blurb.com and check it out. We just printed a book as a gift to my boss (photos from the project we have at the moment) and the book was awesome! I think your photos would look great in a "coffee table style" book. Check it out: blurb.com

ivoryhut said...

Oh, oh, oh. I absolutely LOVE that first shot of the roof and the sky. What camera do you use?

Amanda said...

I love photos of trees too! That chimney tale is so interesting. And your reflection in the window makes that photo super creepy...I love it!