My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

DAY 35 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.





Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.





"IT IS FINISHED": "Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:2


Unfortunately, I'm just not too introspective today. I will however share 2 resources that I really enjoyed and found to be a great tool when trying to understand the crucifixion. The first if the movie The Passion of the Christ. I saw it a few years ago in the theatre on Easter and it was an incredible movie. It is very difficult to watch due to the graphic nature, but I think that we, who are so often desensitized to gratuitous violence and bloodshed, especially need to visually experience the depths of the pain Jesus endured on the cross. If you've never seen it, I highly recommend it and can promise that you will walk away with a new understanding about the cross.

I'll also recommend (again) the book The Case for Christ, in which an investigative reporter seeks to find the same type of evidence you would use in a court to disprove the existence of Jesus and the crucifixion on the cross. He obviously comes to a different conclusion than disproving Jesus, and I think it's an interesting read about all the evidence to prove these historical events.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Woohoo! Only 5 more days of devotions ;)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've heard a Case for Christ was a great book and have been wanting to read it. :)