My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

DAY 39 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.


Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.

GRACE BEFORE BREAKFAST: " 'Now come and have some breakfast!' Jesus said." John 21:12

Wow, I honestly don't remember reading this passage before. I'm not sure how, but I had forgotten about this passage when Jesus appeared to John & Peter after his resurrection. It makes me wonder why the disciples are fishing. I'm not sure what I expected, but this man, the Christ, whom they have followed around for almost 3 years and devoted their life to, had recently died. Did they just give up on him and return to the regularly scheduled life? The Bible clearly states that this is the 3rd time the risen Jesus has appeared, yet the disciples are acting like nothing has happened.

I can only compare this crazy denial of Jesus power and being to ourselves. We have heard the Good News. We know all about Jesus' death and Resurrection, yet we too carry on with our lives like nothing big has really happened. We know we are going to Heaven, we know Jesus has told us what our priorities with our time and money should be, we know that in obedience we should share our faith, but we live in a crazy state of denial too. It really is amazing how, after all these centuries, we can still see ourselves in the sinful, human behavior of the disciples.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm glad to say that God is daily making more more aware of the need to live each day for Him and slowly softening my heart towards the kingdom.

No comments: