My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 14, 2007

DAY 30 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.


Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.





HE SAW THE LIST: "Jesus...endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrew 12:2

Sorry I'm a day late posting this, but we had our company Christmas lunch yesterday, which lasted well into the evening and I was feeling a bit under the weather when I came home. Straight to bed at 8pm it was for me.

The context of the second verse of the 12th chapter of Hebrews is a discussion of how a Christian's faith should be modeled, and of course that perfect example is Jesus Christ. There is some good commentary about how Christians should see their journey on this Earth and how we should endure life's challenges. However, this particular verse highlights the fact that Jesus himself is seated at God's right hand, and what is he doing there? He's interceding on our behalf, giving our every prayer to God, offering up his crucifixion for each and every sin that we commit and allowing us access to the high and most Holy.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: No saints or angles are needed to approach God, for I have his one and only Son interceding on my behalf.

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

No worries about the delayed post. You've been faithful and it's a blessing to be doing this devotion with you.

I hope and pray you are feeling better today... and that God will restore your health to 100% :)