My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

DAY 27 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.


Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.




UNBELIEVABLE BETRAYAL: "You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me." John 16:32


A scriptural truth that I often need to be reminded of is that no matter how far we flee from God, He is only one step behind us. All we need to do is turn toward God and take one step, and He is there with us. He has followed us no matter how far we feel like we have run away from Him. This verse reminds us that Jesus felt the same way about the presence of God when all his earthy friends had abandoned him. We are never alone on this Earth, and God is always with us- for His name Emmanuel tells of God with us, always and forever.



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: It is so reassuring to know that no matter what I do, God is always with me and will never abandon or betray us.

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

This devotions touches me in a very personal way (as Day 26 also did). About the same time last year, a couple of months before Christmas, we had an "episode" in our Christian life when I felt we were betrayed by precious friends. It was hurt. I know that they did not hurt us intentionally, and it was not their intent to "betray" us, but it happened just the same. In those times, it was Jesus that I clung to. It was and is great to know that Jesus will never betray us...