My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 7, 2007

TEACHER OF THE YEAR



CONGRATS to my best friend in the whole world Stephanie!!!

She won teacher of the year at her school in Sarasota, FL. She's been teaching for just a few years now, and she's doing some incredible things. Her school is a special program for students who are having academic and emotional problems. They have basically been taken out of regular school and given to her so that she can hopefully catch them up. She teaches them great things in science, has written several grants for special program funding and has put her heart and soul into this job.

I'm soooo proud of her! I love you steph!



Thought I'd throw in an extra flashback photos to keep the orange blog theme going today. Although we met in college in Macon, GA, Stephanie came out to Austin to visit me at UT in the fall of 2001 for Labor Day. Let me just say- I don't think that town will be the same since we got rowdy there 6 years ago!

Miss you and can't wait to see you again!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: She's been to Texas many times, even this past summer on her great road trip, so H and I will be headed out to Florida to see her next year.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That's great---awesome teachers ROCK! And look at you hottie. ;)

Liza on Maui said...

Congratulations Stephanie! My son is dyslexic and so I know how sometimes (many times) it's difficult to teach kids with learning differences and special needs. I'm glad to hear about you and your dedication! Amanda is blessed to have you as a friend.