My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 3, 2007

COTTON MILL



Our last stop in Alabama!!! As we were leaving our friends and headed up to Atlanta, they took us to this old cotton mill. The waterfalls were beautiful & it was neat to think that was a place they actually made cotton.




We were told that the rocks where H is standing are normally underwater, but because of the drought, the river is running very low. Many of the small towns in Alabama & Georgia were home to textile mills which have recently closed down when the jobs went overseas. It's been very tough on the small-town economies, but there are some promising developments for new automobile factories in the area.




It was still VERY cold for us! I imagine that the water level is usually up near the water wheel (in the background above) so the cotton mill can take advantage of the power of the river.




So pretty & serene! I wish I had a river in my backyard.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: 1 more Atlanta post & we're moving on!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

You are doing a great job of capturing the beauty of all these old places. I don't think I would have appreciated the history if your pics were so beautiful.

Rhonda said...

Oops....I meant I wouldn't have appreciated the history near as much if it wasn't for the fact that your pictures are so beautiful! Sometimes my mind goes faster than my fingers : )

Amanda said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! I would love to have that in my backyard too!!