My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 10, 2007

GALVESTON, OH GALVESTON


Saturday we enlisted the 'rents to puppy sit the dogs (THANKS MOM!) and headed down to Galveston to kick up some trouble. We didn't really have any plans, other than to stop by the beach house, and then go from there. The weather, as usual in Houston, is touch & go in the summer, with thunderstorms popping up out of thin air all the time. We'd been prepared to tromp around the island in rain gear, exploring tourist things.



Every summer Dad rents a house down in Galveston for the week and the kids get a mini-vacation. So we dropped by to see them and ended up hanging out the whole day. The place was just too perfect to leave. We laid out on the deck and did our thing- I read for work (Boo!) and Stephanie studied for the MCAT (did I mention she's brilliant??).



The house came fully stocked with lots-o-fun, including a golf cart, kayaks, pool table, TV's with real-live actual cable (this is quite the indulgence for my brother & sister). We watched them kayak around the canal- alternatively threatening to tip the other or splash them with water. We went on a ride around the island with my brother- this was his first known driving experience at the rips age of 13, and was quite amusing to me! They took turns throwing towels, ice and water over the balcony as Stephanie and I weren't entertaining them enough while we were reading.


Anyways, I went to town with my camera. The kids are such great subjects and capture all their intense young emotions was so much fun. Just so you know, Hunter is 13 and such an awesome kid. He breezes through school, excels in baseball and tells some great stories. Haley has got more spunk and sass in her toe that most people have total. She dances and sings through life with great zeal and enthusiasm. So without further adieu here's a few of my favorite photos from the day.





GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: If I could guarantee that I'd have kids as wonderful as Haley & Hunter, I might not be so terrified of having my own.

No comments: