My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

DAY 29 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.

Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.




THE FIRST STEP TO THE CROSS: "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17

I believe this is a key verse to memorize to provide a response to so many people who question how there can be a good God when he allows _____. You fill it in with anything that has been asked about your faith- why did the hurricane happen? why did my daughter die? how come I lost my job? or any other question many doubters have about God's goodness. I also get questioned frequently on sin and hell, and how a loving God could send anybody to hell. This verse reminds us that God *DOESN'T* want anybody to go to hell because of sin, and that's precisely why he sent his Son as the perfect sacrifice. God is not an evil judge looking down from his throne searching for people to sentence to eternity in hell, but he is a loving God who gave a sacrificial gift of eternal life, that we could never obtain on our own.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm starting to feel sick :( But my hubby will be home soon and will take good care of me.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Amanda,

please say a prayer for this lady; and also for me to be able to minister to her:

http://why-paisley.com/2007/12/15/chavaleh/

Liza on Maui said...

I do not know how to make "links" in the comment section but I;m sure you can just copy and past that to go to that blog...

This devotion popped to my mind when I read her post.

Thanks.