My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wii Wii Wii



Oh the Wii carnage....This totally cracks me up that my husband tore out every single piece and part of the Wii before actually taking it all into the living room by the TV!







I caved in to peer-pressure and wanted to make sure my husband had something cool to talk about when he went back to work on Wednesday. My brother received his Xbox 360, but that just didn't appeal me at all. The Wii looked like so much more fun & entertainment, a game on my skill level that I could get into.





I knew they were impossible to get, so I searched on Craigslist and found one that a guy very near our house was selling. I had a clandestine rendezvous on Sunday night to pick up the goods. Of course, then I needed to hit up Target to get the extra Wii-mote and numchuck and battery recharger. Have I mentioned, that as an engineer, I'm totally amazed with these wireless controllers- their built in speakers, the gyroscopes (or whatever the heck is inside them) that can detect all sorts of motion and how they vibrate back during certain segments of the game?



He was totally surprised when he opened it on Christmas morning and we squeezed a few riotously funny hours of play in before heading to my mom's house. We hurried home again right after the gifts for another round of boxing and cow-racing. Zoe is not too sure about it yet though- she gets upset when we yell and scream and pretend like we are throwing things for her and yet there is no ball for her to chase.



It's been tons of fun so far, although we only play for short bursts. The Wii Sports and Wii Play games are fun. Boxing totally wears me out and we love being competitive in a fun, silly sort of way. We both have little Mii characters that are our players for the game. You can see that I just won a game of pong (the only game we can play one-handed while sitting on the couch drinking wine!).
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

4 comments:

a real librarian said...

Ohh, the ever popular Wii!! I know a bunch of people who absolutely love it!! I might have to look into getting my own!

Christy said...

We LOVE our Wii. We got ours last year (nov.) when they first came out. Best.system.Ever.
The best is Bowling & Tennis! I really don't care for the Boxing.
Have fun!

Grant said...

Isn't it fun! I just played with one a few days ago for the first time. My wife kicked my but in boxing, I have to reminder her though that it was a "VIRTUAL" butt kicking!

Be careful, you'll end up pulling your Wii muscles for sure!

-Grant

Amanda said...

Hahahah...I caved in too..my husband wanted a PS3 so I got one for him. I actually like it because I'm living out my dream of being a fortune hunter in Drake's Fortune :)