My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

DAY 22 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.

Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.




NOT GUILTY: "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12


Oh how my Christmas wish could be that every Christian has to come face-to-face with this passage, study it, understand it and LIVE it! I think so much of the damage that we as Christians do to Christianity is because we are so judgemental, even hateful towards others. I'd venture a guess that if Jesus came back today (that's a fun thought!), that he would point to most Christians and just call them modern-day Pharisees and scribes (not such a fun though).

The story of the adulteress woman is followed by the message from Jesus about being the light of the world. When I look at so many Christians today, who personify judgement and criticism and condemnation of others, I see they are in darkness. They obviously are not getting the "light of life" from Jesus. There is no way a believer can understand Christ's forgiveness of our own sins and then go out to pass judgement on others. They are missing Jesus, and I think it's clear to say they are not his "followers".

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Off to have dinner with my hubby, who has to work late tonight.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How interesting! My sister and I were just talking about similar topics last night! I love your comments :)