My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER



On our way back from Pine Mountain, we stopped at the West Point Dam on the Chattahoochee River, which is generally the border between Alabama and Georgia. Yes, we sang that silly Alan Jackson song a few times ;)





You can tell by the water stains where the level of the river usually is when a drought isn't making life difficult for those in South. Only the far left gate is open to allow water to flow in the river. You can see a few wishful fisherman on the left casting their line into the river.




Jerry was astounded that the river was so low. He has never seen these rocks exposed before, but I'm sure the birds enjoyed a nice safe place to rest. Check out that red Alabama clay that Garth Brooks song so poetically sang about (though I think that is technically the Georgia side of the river).




Check us out having some fun. I actually think he was trying to stick his cold nose on me to show me how cold he was. I'm sure in retaliation for me sticking my cold hands on his face.




This is how happy we looked before we decided to hike up to the top of the dam to check out the lake. There is actually a road that you can drive on that goes right over the top of the dam.



More fun panoramas- including West Point Lake (above) and the Chattahoochee River (below)




Random fact- if you have heard of the brand West Point Stevens (they make towels and sheets and other cotton products), then West Point (Georgia) is the town where they started. They would use all the nearby cotton to make textiles & the rivers would provide energy for the cotton mills.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I made it running, to the gym & grocery store this morning before work!

No comments: