My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

ABANDONED HOME

Don't miss the first installment of the Tenant House story here.

I was a bit fascinated by the Tenant house and wanted to take a closer look at this marvelous structure. The house was literally like a book- with each and every detail telling the story of the building's history.


I was especially enamored with the weathered, aging wood that was slowly losing the battle against the elements. The intricate patterns of the wood grain and the mesmerizing shades of browns, blacks and grays.




Inside the Tenant house, I felt like I was at once both stepping back a few decades and at the same time trespassing into the former occupant's life. The inside boards were in remarkably good condition (one reason they are trying to save the building) and the contents of the rooms tell a fascinating story.




Mixed with garbage and abandoned pieces of simple furniture, the rooms made me wonder who exactly lived here in this room and what was their life like. I tried to imagine them using this dresser or why those drawers were missing.



I was told that the last occupants had attempted to set off fireworks inside the chimney, and they had caused so much damage to the brickwork that it must be totally torn down and rebuilt.



The house was literally made out of solid wood, which was something that is quite a novelty to me. Most modern buildings I roam around are put on a concrete foundation, with cement walls or some sort of dry wall. The floor is made of wood in this house, and in all but a few places where the ground below can be seen, it is in excellent condition.



The house also holds more boards to be restored and put into the "Old Place".

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I really, really needed this day to relax, catch up and snuggle with my hubby.

No comments: