My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HOUSTON HOME TOUR


A few weeks ago I mentioned I went on a very special Home Tour of Houston. I was hoping to get some more information about these great homes, but I'm tired of waiting on my dad to tell me more details about the various custom homes he has built around Houston in the past 30 years.


The above house is his latest house, and actually belongs to the son of a former client, who had his son's house built right next to his own home.



On one particular swanky street in town, my dad built 4 separate homes over a decade. I'm not sure which one was first, but this is a business where referrals are almost the only way a builder does business.


I really don't have any talent to build or make or create anything, so I'm just amazed that my dad can construct a fabulous luxury home where there was once just dirt. It's neat that his work leaves a legacy, and hopefully a home where happy children are raised and people can grow old rocking on their front porch.


In addition to all the homes, he has done quite a bit of commercial real estate, such as offices or warehouses. He had streak in the 1990's where he was doing large, multi-use buildings for churches and schools. He's built beach houses and town-homes.


Quite a large portion of his work is also in remodeling and renovating older homes, or even commercial buildings. He's worked on some large theatres and opera houses in the area. I even spent some of my early teenage summers working with him on construction sites.




I'm incredibly proud and impressed with my dad. He can fix any any all problem I ever bring him- construction or life related. Not only is he a great general contractor in Houston, he's an amazing father and husband.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I've got an awesome dad!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow....those house are gorgeous! Can your dad come build a home for me?

Christy said...

Cool houses. i like the last one.
FI's dad is a builder too! He used to do custom homes, but now they do apartments, condos and commercial stuff.

Patrick said...

Very beautiful homes. :)

I'm sure your father is very proud of you as well.