My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

LA INTERCHANGES



More of my Google Earth obsession. ;) After traveling under a maze of freeway construction, I did some checking out the state of local roads near me, and then decided to check out some other amazing roads. Above is the crazy spaghetti freeway near the LAX Airport- the GPS Neverlost is REQUIRED anytime I traverse those roads.




I'm just fascinated that you can see all these runways, and this gives you an idea how close you are to the Pacific Ocean when you take off. It always makes for spectacular take-off's over the water when Leaving LA.




The airport is a monster! Check out all those terminals, with all those planes. Try not to think about all the angry passengers or you may upset yourself. Terminal 6 is my favorite; it's home of Continental and never has a crowd.




Check out the newest thing I've seen on Google Earth. It's called Panoramio and it's showing you the restaurant at LAX, which was under construction when I was there. If you are doing some earth-surfing and notice a little camera icon, you can click on it and get a ground view. Individual users can submit, through geo tagging, their own photos. Pretty cool stuff!


My latest favorite blog post from Google Sightseeing: Check out this Sightseeing Safari of live animals in Africa they caught on the satellite. Freaking amazing!!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We're going to do Christmas for a very needy family this afternoon and I can't wait to share some JOY!

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

My youngest brother lives in LA. These are very interesting shots... a busy city ...