My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CHRISTMAS, Part 2



After Round 1 of Christmas on Friday, there was a flurry of last minute shopping (for 1 item in particular), but mostly R&R on Saturday and Sunday. We had our romantic Brazilian dinner, made my favorite blueberry muffins, watched a few bad movies, grilled out, worked in my first few hundred pictures I took and delivered some extra groceries to the family of the special boys.



Monday afternoon, we took the scenic back-roads instead of the freeway through my old neighborhood, to my uncle's house for Dad's side of the family gathering. It's actually the first holiday that I can remember where EVERYBODY was there. The aunt & uncle from Austin (who now live in Seattle), along with their 2 children and new grand-daughter. My grandma thankfully didn't have to spend this holiday in the hospital, but she still wasn't feeling very well. The rebellious cousin who can be MIA for years made an appearance. I think there was about 20 of us there for the holiday gathering.



I hung out with my sister in the front yard playing volleyball with her, while my brother and 2 younger cousins played catch and tag under/around/through/behind our game. We only stayed for a few hours and had to be on our way to church to meet up with my mom & John and H's mom and family for Christmas, Part 3.



And yes, it's Texas. We were having BBQ for Christmas eve dinner! ;)

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We survived our first married Christmas, and as cheesy as it sounds, it was honestly the best Christmas of my life.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Fun! BBQ for Xmas eve? Nope, I've never had that. :)
Merry Christmas to you, H, & Zoe!
Is she feeling better?

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!