My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

DAY 36 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.

Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.

SECRET FRIENDS: Going to Pilate, (Joseph) asked for Jesus' body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. Matthew 27:58

I'm on Los Angeles for a big meeting this morning with Toyota that I'm really excited about. Similar to my meeting in Detroit a few weeks back, this is a great opportunity that I have to present my work in front of our clients. I'm a bit nervous, but overall feeling really good about the meeting. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, as this will be my only post for the day.

The devotion today tell how these two men shunned society and their culture to convert their faith to the Jesus man, whom they had just watched brutally killed on the cross. I wonder why they didn't give up on their faith and decided they must have been mistaken about the Savior, who just hung on the cross. However, they remained committed to Jesus enough to care for his body by obtaining it and anointing it and placing it in the burial tomb. Either these men truly understood that Jesus would beat death and win, or they were so utterly devoted to Him that his death didn't matter. Why are we so quick to deny the existence of God or the power of the cross the moment life doesn't go the way we expect it? In times of trouble and doubt, we should remember the faith these men displayed, even in the midst of the crucifixion while awaiting the Resurrection.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: They have figured out what is causing the pain in my grandma's back (a fractured vertebrae) and she is having a relatively minor surgery today, which will hopefully ease her pain.

1 comment:

Liza on Maui said...

I prayed that your presentation will go well - I have a feeling it will :)

I have been faithfully reading the devotions but is having a hard time writing down my thoughts. I am glad you are sharing with us your thoughts and I am able to post it on our 40 Days main page. Can you believe it's almost day 40?

Blessings! I am glad to hear about the good news about your grandma and is praying that the minor surgery will ease the pain.