My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Day 19 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.

Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



THE WAVES ARE LISTENING: "Even the wind and the waves obey him!" Mark 4:41

I think it's only in life's biggest storms that I remember to fall back on the grace of God. Only when crazy, wild, out of control things are happening and I can see no possible solution or good outcome except through direct intervention, then do I seek God's will. I wish I could say that I was more conscientious or aware of all the tiny good things that go right in my life, or that I reached out to God with as much joy and thanksgiving during the highs of my life as much as I cry out from the depths of despair. Despite my general cries for help only in dark moments, God love me just as much in either scenario. I just pray that He will give me bigger heart of gratitude and appreciation in all the ways of my life.

The story of the waves reminded me of some incredible stories I heard about Christians during the devastating tsunami a few years back. Check out some amazing stories about believers faith during the Christmas Tsunami of 2004, especially scroll down to the one about the missionary and the orphans. That's the one I've actually heard before. I just hope that if I ever have to face something that frightening and overwhelming, I will stand (or at least fall) on the Grace of God for salvation and rescue.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I returned to my weekly tutoring this week after being in Detroit and Alabama.

No comments: