My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1000 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE


One of the great gifts that I gave H last year for Christmas was the book 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. As you can see by our past travels, we LOVE to travel and can spend hours day dreaming about all the fantastic places we must travel. The book release corresponded with the show on the Travel Channel.


Gram & I in Glacier Bay (page 565) on our Alaska Cruise

We enjoyed looking up past places in the book that we've traveled, planning out our Colorado trip to Rocky Mountain National Park (page 589). Of course our drive up the Pacific Coast Highway was gorgeous and had to make the list on page 578. We reminisced about our Italy and Greece trip- glad to know we saw a few of the places before knowing we had to go there before we died.


H & I at Villa Vizcaya in Miami (page 605) in 2004

During our Honeymoon in Cabo, we checked off Whale Watching on the Baja (page 779). I missed the Galapagos Islands (page 836) and the rail in Riobamba on my Ecuador trip. We scoured the pages of Brazil & Argentina, to make sure we didn't miss any must-see sights in our upcoming trip. Google Earth even offers a very cool option that shows you all the places listed in the book.


Us at the Red Beach in Santorini, Greece in 2005 (page 172)


Have fun travel-dreaming!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: This travel Tuesday is taking me to Little Rock!

5 comments:

a real librarian said...

My travel self lives vicariously through you! I must admit, I am so jealous of all your adventures!!

Unknown said...

O wow! I'm so jealous as well :) I'm going to have to get that book too...we definately love to travel.

Christy said...

I want this book! I hope to travel more in the near future.

Liza on Maui said...

OK... I'd join the "chorus"...I am jealous too. Wow - great places you've been!

So...when is Maui gonna be on your list? ;) Let me know when you come :)

Grant said...

Very cool! I was at the red beach of Santorini in the spring of 2005. Not exactly the fine sand beach you find in Hawaii or Mexico, but a pretty cool opportunity considering the historical nature of the island.

Did you visit the black beaches too?