My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ATLANTA TOWERS


We had trekked to Alabama because I had a work seminar in Atlanta the Monday-Wednesday after Thanksgiving. I had spent 2 years in Macon (an hour south of Atlanta) during my college years & have visited Atlanta quite a few times. It reminds me of Houston in a lot of ways, and I generally enjoy the city (minus the traffic!)


The town is growing like crazy (just like Houston), but they are putting up tall, tall towers everywhere. These high density commercial and residential towers are both fun and inter sting to look at and photograph. In particular, there was a pair of towers nicknamed King & Queen, because of their art-deco on the roof resembled a king and queen crown.

I couldn't resist taking a few photos one chilly morning before my class.

This was the view out the window of my hotel room-more high-rise condos!
The early morning sunshine cast a warm yellow glow on the buildings, with the moon rising in the blue sky and a plane flying high overhead.
Just cause I'm totally addicted to Google Earth now, I had to see what King & Queen looked like from the above. Looks like a gym- tennis courts and a pool, maybe a jogging track.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: No high-rise home for me- I love my little home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, you take such wonderful pictures!! I look forward to looking at your blog everyday just for the pictures (ok maybe for some of the stories too!)