My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

MY OTHER CAMERA



Despite my overwhelming infatuation with my beloved Nikon D-80, my husband refused to be seen with me carrying it sometimes. He will draw the line and tell me I can't take it with me inside church or to the gym. I'm really not sure what his issue is and why he just doesn't understand!
There was photography-life before the Nikon! *gasp* I'm not really sure why it never dawned on me before to have a nice camera, or at least a real camera. My prized possession was an Olympus Stylus 720SW.


The size of a deck of cards, it was ultra portable. BUT the key selling point was the S and the W. See- S stands for shockproof. You can drop this baby from up to 5' and not a problem! I'm a klutz. I have to go to therapy to get over the emotional scarring and get extra life-insurance for my husband, but I'm a mess. I can testify on numerous occassions that I've dropped this camera and never even batted an eye.



The W part of the name is for waterproof- up to 10 feet! Zoe and I love playing by the pool, so this camera can get wet and I can even (accidentally) drop it in the pool! It takes pretty good pictures underwater too. Works great in the rain.



It helps me remember things I want to buy when I'm out shoppping. Yea, my husband totally runs and hide when he sees me whip it out on the store. On the other hand he's greatful when I come home and show him things I "almost" purchased, but wanted to run by him first.




It fits in my purse for fun nights out at at the museum or the big game or awesome concert.
It's with me every day on my ride to work or when I ride to the rental property.
I trust my husband to (sort of) work it on his own.
It goes in the water and under the water, all around the water.
It went with us to Puerto Vallarta for our wedding and Cabo for our Honeymoon.
I can whip it out when Zoe's being goofy in the car.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I take enough photos, there's room in my life for two awesome cameras.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

My mom has recently become a 2 camera gal and she had to explain the same thing to me!
I never thought of taking pics of items I want to buy to show DH. Great idea!