My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 10, 2007

DAY 26 WITH THE SON

I'm taking the 40 days leading up the Christmas to focus on the life of Jesus and do a mini-reflection and devotion. I'm following along with Liza on her special blog called 40 Days with the Son, based on the Max Lucado book 3:16.




Here is how to join us in reflection of the spirit of this upcoming holiday season.



GO FIRST TO GOD: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." John 14:1

Again, in Jesus' deepest, darkest hour of grief and fear, He is modeling for us how we should respond to life's trials and tribulations. He doesn't beg or plead with God for God to change His will for His Son to be the sacrifice for human sin. Jesus doesn't bargain with God or play Let's Make a Deal. He simply goes to God, through blood sweat and tears, and re-affirms his desire to follow God's will.

The story of Jesus in the Garden (in Luke) is a bit different than the verses from John. I like how the 14th chapter of John goes on to tell that Jesus assured his disciples, after telling them not to worry, that He has prepared a place for them in Heaven and will return for them. It's reassuring to me that I will have my own specific place, not just all of heaven that we are sharing with other believers, but a specific place that God has set aside for me when I get to heaven. What's there to worry about on Earth when I have my own place, prepared for me by the Lord of Lords and King of Kings, waiting for me in Heaven?


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: There is no one who can do more about any situation that I am unhappy about than God, and I'm glad that He invites us to come to Him with our worries and sorrows.

No comments: