My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

LAX AIRPORT



The Los Angeles Airport is a wonder.



Sure- Los Angeles is so big they have several airports. You could fly into Orange County or Ontario or even Burbank, but LAX is where it's at. Although I think LAX could use a cool name like John Wayne or Bob Hope, since those are other nearby airports.


My favorite part of LAX is plane watching. Most airports have excellent people watching opportunities, but I love the planes at LAX. I see so many carriers that I see nowhere else. I see awesome planes like the 747, which I'd love to ride on one day and fly upstairs.


Just from riding the rental car shuttle bus past the other terminals, I'm certain most people hate LAX. At almost every terminal with international airlines, there are lines of people standing outside anytime I've ever driven by in the Hertz bus.



However, Continental share a small terminal with a few United planes. There is never any wait at the Continual counter and never a line at security. It's actually one of the more pleasant airports at which I waste my life away.


There's a small bar and at least a few minimal eating choices inside security. Check out this great "smoking cage" they have for those who are attempting to develop lung cancer. Some airports (Houston) have no place for smokers and some airports have a tiny room that gets so full of smoke that it seeps out into the rest of the terminal.

There is an ~interesting~ restaurant on LAX grounds called Encounter. It was an encounter with the 60's, but it looks like they are updating it.


They even paint the concrete (even few decades or so) to sort of resemble grass- how special!



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: At least MY LAX experience is a good one.

2 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Wow, it really is a small world! I didn't think anyone would actually know somebody in Manhattan Kansas, hahaha :) If you could have her email me (kylehepp@gmail.com) if she's interested (it would actually help me out a TON if she could even go to one restaurant next month, we can NEVER find shoppers in that area)!

I love the pretty blue tones you gave to all the airport pics, it looks very cool. I've never been to that airport, I've only seen it in the paparazzi pics cuz that's where all the celebs go...did you see anyone famous while you were there?

Beach Bum Marcie said...

Holy mother!! That is a crazy lookin' airport...never been but something tells me that I might have the chance SOON :)