My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

RED BARN


This fabulous old red horse barn had been painstakingly restored by my god-parents. They found it in a state disrepair when they first came to the family plantation about 20 years ago.

Adelle painted hundred of gallons of red paint onto the weathered old boards in an attempt to protect and preserve them.



When the property was a working plantation, many years ago, the barn held a wide assortment of animals, but in more recent years had been home to a few horses. Jerry gave us a few lessons on all the intricacies of the barn- the many hidden features used by workers to make their life easier.




Although this may appear as an ordinary wood pile, all this boards are high-quality hard woods which have been removed from the "Old Place" (wait till you see it!) and will all be restored and reused.



GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: After an unexpected surgery, my grandmother is doing well and will hopefully be moved from ICU today.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Beautiful pics!
Happy to hear your grandmother is doing well.

Liza on Maui said...

I agree, these are BEAUTIFUL pictures!

I'm glad to hear about your news about grandmother :). I pray for full recovery.

Amanda said...

I love these photos. I especially like the one of the pile of wood...and very cool it's going to be recycled!