My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

HURRICANE HUMBERTO


Of course you knew I had to blog about this! I'd been watching the weather because we are going camping this weekend. It was supposed to rain yesterday, then all of a sudden they started talking low-pressure system, then tropical depression and suddenly we had a named tropical storm! Named after my husband no less!

We heard reports that it could be just like the devastating Tropical Storm Allison that struck Houston in 2001. Though not even a hurricane, the storm stalled over Houston for days and dropped literally FEET of rain on the town, resulting in MASSING flooding. Above was the radar when we went to bed last night.



When we woke up this morning, we could see that the storm had taken a more Northeasterly path, and roared ashore overnight near Beaumont. This is the same area of Texas that was hit by the massive Category 5 Hurricane Rita, just months after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Though not densely populated, many areas of the upper Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana were still recovering from the damage 2 years ago.

We didn't so much as get a drop of rain here, so I'll have to water our new plants and shrubs before we leave. Looks like the rain is headed toward my friend in Louisiana.

Just had to include a picture of the real deal. He's still every bit this cute!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: The hurricane was good PR for the hubby- lots of his clients called to harass him.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so thankful it didn't come here. I can't believe it turned into a Cat1. I hope Brandi is okay.

Just Another Small Town Girl said...

OMG-that is the cutest pic!!! Your husband's alter ego is sending us lots and lots of rain but I'm totally okay with that as long as it's all we're getting!