My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY GRANDPA



My grandpa turned 80 this past Wednesday. Quite an amazing thing. I went to his assisted living place to visit him and take him a card & some cupcakes.




It's been really difficult to see both my grandfather and grandmother these past few years, as their health declines rapidly and they are no longer the merry-grandparents of my childhood. I have great memories of the times he's let me "fish" in his tiny fishpond, of all the delicious BBQ he cooked and the great vegetables he'd grow in his garden. They would save all their cans so I could recycle them, and then use the money when the ice cream man came down the street.




My grandmother has been in and out of hospitals since July of 2006 with complications (a Staph infection) from her knee replacement surgery. Just a few weeks ago she had it replaced again and is under-going physical therapy in hope that she can walk again on her own. My grandpa has been living (mostly by himself) at this assisted living place very close to our house.




He loves all the little old ladies and all the great food they feed him, but he misses grandma very much. He's always a bit confused about which hospital or rehab place shes in, but I too am confused by her ever-increasing medical history and complications. I try to visit him and my grandma at least once a week. Although the visits make me sad, I try to remember how important and special any company that they receive is to them.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I'm so blessed to have had a such a wonderful grandfather growing up.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Aw Grandpa is so cute. He is very lucky to have a granddaughter like you

Christy said...

Awww how sweet of you! My grandpa recently turned 80 too. :)