My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 3, 2007

SPANISH ROCK & ROLL


Hubby called me Wednesday and told me we were going to see Mana. "WHO?" Mana. "CAN YOU SPELL THAT FOR ME?" I admit I had never heard of them, but a quick check on their bio made them sound impressive enough. I like rock and I like Latin music, so it sounded great!
So Friday night, we headed up to the company suite at the Toyota Center and met with some amazing clients. Several people from Mexico, who had grown up listening to the songs and knew every word! Apparently H knew more songs than he thought from the local radio, and I'd catch him singing along too :)
The crowd came early, sang along, cheered wildly and stayed late. There was even an impromptu after-party in the suite! The Latino's can party like rock stars!
Despite not knowing any of the words, I really like the band as they put on a very entertaining show, complete with rain, fire and massive confetti. I'd occasionally ask H what a song was about (sometimes he'd know!), and mostly wish I'd paid more attention those 4 years in Spanish class.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Great music can break the language barrier.