My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 14, 2007

MY SMALL WORLD



Funny how my life has gone in many a circle. As I sit here and take inventory of my life, I find it very ironic that I ended up in my current condition. The Disney theme, It's a Small World After All is a great theme song for me these days. Thanks to the wonders of Google Earth, I can give you all a tour of MY small world. See (well, you probably can't b/c the type is so small!) on the photo above, the lower left pin is my house- which you've seen before. Directly above it- about 0.5 mile away is my Dad's house and 1 mile away to the Northeast, is my mom's house. You can also see the retention pond, which the jogging trail circles.



Here is mom's house- check out her pool (lower), where Zoe has had many escapades and hours of swimming. You can also see the jogging trail I frequent with my running buddies be ind her house. The retention pond behind her house is a nice buffer, a good dog play place and contains a baseball field and a soccer field.


Above, you can see that I don't have to go far from my home to Volunteer, to the gym or to visit my grandpa at his nursing home. Church is just a few miles away too! Included in that photo are a Wal-Mart, Kroger, Target, Home Depot, Kohl's, DOZENS of fast-food restaurants, my favorite BBQ restaurant, a funeral home, my bank, a few car-washes, several donut stores & Mexican food restaurants, an elementary and Sr. High school, a school stadium, several ice-cream stores and SO MUCH MORE!



Unfortunately, H has a much longer drive to work than me! It's all freeway, and really only 10 miles- but can take 45-60 minutes most mornings! It's not quite downtown, so I guess it could be worse. You can also see that Gram lives only a few miles, but all the back roads take more than 20 minutes to get to our house! I keep trying to get her to move closer to us.

So, that's my SMALL WORLD!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Not driving far saves $ and save the environment.