My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

PHOTOMARATHON PICS, Part 1


Part 1 of my Photomarathon Experience displays my photographs from the category City Life and Upside Down. The above photo was taken from the top of a parking garage over the top of the shops & restaurants, with the Medical Center in the background behind Rice University Campus (all the great trees!).


I'm suddenly realizing that 3 out of 4 of my shots in this category were from the top of that parking garage. I captured this woman talking on her cell phone and carrying a shopping bag. I love the bright red curb and the perfect brick wall behind her. The other photo from the parking garage is a mini-traffic jam of chaos in the streets, with the power lines running through the photo.
And my final photo in the City Life category was the very popular No Parking sign.


The next category was Upside Down. One of the first photos I took that afternoon was this electrical transformer from underneath. I really like the pre-set that I used in Lightroom to make this photo more dramatic.

One of the bars we stopped had had some great blue lighting shing on all their barware, which was sitting on a colorful shelf. The signs below were for people who had earned some type of "bar fame", they could hang a plaque on the wall. These particular ones were upside down on the bottom of a rafter, with one of the plaques being upside down from the rest. I also captured two of my photos from the other categories at this bar- defintily worth the stop!



The final entry in this category was these colorful planter pots, where were behind a metal fence at a plant and garden store.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Courtney is still my friend even though I was late wishing her happy birthday!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yeah!!!! Thanks girl! I look forward to your blog every morning!

a real librarian said...

Love your eye, Amanda!! Rockin' pics!!

Rhonda said...

Looks good Amanda....you are capturing some great photos!