My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

REMEMBERING 9/11


I think the only appropriate thing to blog about today was a memorial post to the victims of 9/11. I wanted to include some poignant images, and perhaps remove some of the callousness that has grown over the past 6 years about this great tragedy.


I ran across this really awesome website that has a great deal of the new media achieved from that day and the following weeks. You can see some of the powerful images that still stick in my mind today, you can check out the covers of newspapers and magazines from around the world, see how it was displayed on web pages.


No mater if you believe the official government report or subscribe to the numerous conspiracy theories that abound, the dual-plane attack changed your life. In small ways, like increased security at the airport, or in big ways. Almost everybody knew somebody that was in the Twin Towers or should have been there that day.

I remember I was in my Fluid Mechanics class and first received a hone call from my mom. Since she works for Exxon, they had immediately gone on lock-down. After class, I slipped into the computer lab and all the students were frantically checking websites. I remember some of them even crashing due to all the extra traffic. I reluctantly went to my next class, but the professor could barely lecture over all the rumblings of the students. I'm pretty sure we left class early and I went home for the rest of the day to be mesmerized by the horrific news.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We are Blessed to have been terrorism-free for the past 6 years, and I hope many more to come.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

No matter how many times I see the pictures or the images on TV it still gives me goosebumps....it was such a horrific act!

Sarah Gemba said...

Wow, still shocking to see the pic of the burning towers...

Christy said...

6 years later it is still hard to see those pics.

shelby said...

Yep. And it's still hard to see them.

Thoughts and prayers to all who left us and the loved ones they left behind.