My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

PICNIC IN THE PARK


So I often whine and moan that Houston isn't hip enough or cool enough or cultured enough. BUT, if you dig around a bit, you can find some pretty sweet things going on, like the Mixer's & Elixirs at the science museum. One of my favorite things to do in Houston is attend events at Miller outdoor Theatre in the museum district. I can recall attending plays and musics with my mom as a kid!
Besides being free, you can pack a picnic and bring any & all goodies AND drinks to the breezy hill. We usually don't watch much of the show, but instead drink and be merry! Last Friday, we kicked off our long weekend with wine, cheese, crackers and some Jazz. Check out this couple- they came complete with food & beverages, chairs & tables, and a small fire!
After a long week at work for both of us, we finally kicked off the weekend in style with my FAVORITES! Wine, light french onion cheese, wheat thins, and Keebler chocolate covered graham cookies!

Have I mentioned how much I love my Joby Gorillapod? It can go everywhere and with the camera remote, we can snap pictures of our self now without having to prop the camera up on rocks or cars :) Zoom a bit and throw in some flash-

Not even halfway into my first glass and before we could bust out the cookies, we started feeling little rain drops. Although the clouds didn't appear too threatening, they unleashed a spectacular downpour that sent us scurrying with our picnic in a tizzy back to the car, only having heard the band warm-up. :(


I was bound and determined to eat my cheese and have some drinks, so we sat in the car for over an hour, hoping the rain would stop.

After a few drinks and some cheese & chocolate, I wanted to play around with my camera in complete darkness (and drunkness!). Kick the ISO up to 1600, 50mm lens wide open on f/1.8 and a 2 second shutter speed resulted in some fun, but grainy images. Kinda like our night- not perfect, but fun!


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Despite me being soaked, the camera, cookies, chocolate and wine were just fine!

1 comment:

Beach Bum Marcie said...

So much fun :)...great pics!!