My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CAMPING: McKinney Falls, 3



After a hearty fajita breakfast, we set off for a short hike to the Smith Rock shelter. H hasn't quite mastered Zoe & the retractable leash yet! He & I both got a few rope burns while she ran around like a lunatic (again).



This shelter, carved from the Limestone by Onion Creek, is thought to be as old as 500 BC and was used by the Indians a few hundred years ago. It was hard to capture with a camera how really big this natural shelter was.




H caught a few of me taking photos too!




This trail is near the Upper Falls, where we watched a few people swimming below and enjoyed the shade of some nearby trees.



The signs said no pet swimming, so we didn't really want to take Zoe into the water here, but we let her play a little bit.




After deciding we really wanted to swim in the cool waters, we were off to check out the Lower Falls.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Zoe is *NOT* a pet, she a family member ;)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I agree.....our furbabies are family not pets!! I'm not sure I would have been able to keep my babies out of the water...they go crazy around water!

Courtney said...

ha ha we struggle with the retractable leash everynight! So much easier with 1 person.
You look like a pro with that camera!

Christy said...

Couldn't agree with you more about Zoe not being a pet, but a family member. That's why I call mine--our "kids".
FI saw your pics and said you have a great eye! I couldn't agree more. Do you plan to take up photography professionally?