My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH


So, H and I are on a quest to spend time watching "worthwhile" movies instead of the general crapola that fills the TV on any given night (#84). I don't mind watching movies *THAT MUCH*, except when they are just a huge waste of time. I want to learn something, I want to be inspired, I want to watch something of great cultural or artistic value. Although it's mostly classic movies, there are quite a few "current" classics too.

A few months ago, we subscribed to Blockbuster Total Access where we get 1 movie at a time. Lots of people prefer Netflix, but because I can return a mailed movie to a Blockbuster store near my office and get a new, free rental, we went with Blockbuster. We've rented quite a few classic movies already that I had never seen before.

When returning our last movie, I asked H what he wanted to see, and he threw out Inconvenient Truth. I'd sort of been wanting to see it, but had been living in denial about all the bad stuff I might have to see and couldn't ignore any longer. I begrudgingly brought it home, and to my surprise- I really enjoyed the movie!



I didn't totally agree with everything he was saying and I didn't believe all the evidence he presented, but Al Gore brought up lots of good points. If nothing else, it was a great place to start the conversation about ways H and I could lead a more earth-friendly lifestyle and move away from the excessive consumption society we live in.



I highly recommend that everybody see the movie at least once, and at least start assessing your own life. For us, it's also clearly an issue of faith and obedience to the teachings in the Bible. God entrusted man with his whole creation, and I think we've done frighteningly horrible job of being good care-takers of this planet and all living things.
Read more about the movie here on Wiki or at IMDB.

The website that is related to the movie is Climate Crisis.net, where you can find many of the same topics, graphs and charts that Al Gore used in the movie.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: At least 1 person's point-of-view has changed recently.

2 comments:

a real librarian said...

Oh, I really enjoyed this movie! Lots of interesting points!

Rhonda said...

Hmmm....never thought about seeing it before but now I just might have to.