My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

DABBLING DOWNTOWN




Saturday morning we decided to venture downtown to check out the Puerto Rican and Cuban Festival. Despite saying it started at 10am, there was little action to be had at noon. I'm sure the party was bumping come sundown though.




Instead we just walked around downtown, enjoyed the city, took photos and had a great mini-date. The above picture is one of my favorites of the day. H almost killed me because he thought I was going to kill myself getting this shot.


We've been downtown quite a bit, but everything is so different walking rather than driving through at 40 mph. The architecture of the buildings is gigantic, the tiny parks are inviting and the funky art is engaging.

I took tons of photos of all sorts of city life, but I'll save those for a rainy blog day when I have nothing else to show. Above is Main Street, with the infamous MetroRail splitting the street.



I'm trying to get away from just bright, saturated photos. What do you think of this photo of the pond where the MetroRail goes under various water fountains?



We wandered around for nearly an hour before hitting up one of H's favorite downtown hang-outs, The Flying Saucer. Eating outside on a downtown sidewalk makes for an interesting lunch as you watch all the unusual people stroll through the mostly deserted streets.




Look how happy and cute he is when I feed him! ;)



I played around a little bit with panning and trying to get the hang of it with the train zipping by every 15 minutes. Still need some practice.
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: My sweet old grandpa turns 80 today, and he is doing awesome.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Those are great pics!
Happy Birthday grampa!

Christy said...

You take such great pics!
I hope Downtown can really become a hangout place for everyone and not an eye sore..slowly they are trying to make it happen.