My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 24, 2007

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND


I'll admit, we went and saw DMB. Despite all the Dave-bashing I've read about, I really enjoyed the show. I'm not a crazy psycho fan that worships the band, but just an average person who has liked their music for a long time. I wanted to see what all the hype was about and it was on our 101 list. The weather was finally cool enough to making being outside enjoyable, and a clear night had the moon sitting right above the stage. After being nearly strip-searched, I snuck my other camera in by hiding it in my bra. The pictures from the show were pretty bad, but better than nothing.

The Pavillion is a great place to kick back and enjoy some tunes, but not if you get there late and there isn't a square inch of grass to spare. And if you haven't eatten dinner, you are resigned to stale pretzels, super-salty hotdogs and $3.50 for a bottle of water. After dropping $10 on a beer (at least it was a 24 oz.), we arrived near the end of the 2nd song.


I totally LOVED the music. Dave can sing, but his band can JAM OUT! I was loving the long musical solos and instrumentals. The man on the electic violin was AMAZING. I think I just miss really good live music. We need to find more in Houston.

I knew a few of the songs, but wasn't singing along at the top of my longs and flailing around violently in a dance-attempt like the drunks next to me. I'm not sure I'd drop $200 to see them again, but I might pick up a CD to jam to his great music. I'm also more inclined to find some good local music.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Great concert, fun times with the Honey!

2 comments:

April Ziegler said...

Wow, you had a busy w/e! I admit, I've gone to see DMB too. I thought he put on a pretty decent show. Obviously a lot of other people think so too since he's been touring now for what, like 10 years? hehe.
Thanks to your inspiration, I convinced Kev to have breakfast for dinner last night... pancakes, sausage & scrambled eggs. So yum...

Christy said...

DMB never disappoints! :)
Did you smell any of that other grass? When we went to the concert in Dallas---Whoa it was everywhere! ;)