My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

RE-WRITING HISTORY

So, this whole blogging experience has unleaded a wave of new interests and desires for me. It's totally fed my obnoxious need to photograph and document everything in my life. Quite unexpectedly though, it's created in me a desire to document my past- who I was, where I came from and the way things used to be.
I'm not so much sure that it's the blogging thing or the being married thing or the grandparents being ill thing. I look around Houston at all the crazy development and see places that were formerly open spaces with trees. I see buildings and stores that were part of my everyday life being demolished. I'm starting to connect with my mother and father more, learning about the them before they were my parents.
Both my grandparents on my father's side have taken drastic turns for the worse in the last few years. Neither could attend our wedding in Mexico, they had to sell their house, and my grandmother has basically been in the hospital/rehab/therapy/nursing home for over a year now. Before my eyes, I am watching their demise and it is so sad to me. Gone is their house where I spent thousands of hours of my childhood and every major holiday celebration.


I'm suddenly fascinated looking at old photos of people and places, wondering what the would would be like without cable TV or the Internet, pondering how radically different life will be in 20, 40 or 60 years. I want to have my thoughts and life to share with my children and grand-children.
No photos with this post, but plenty more to come!

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: We're back from camping and had an awesome time!

No comments: