My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

OPPORTUNITY



It's always a good thing to have, right? How about when you miss an opportunity? I'm trying not to get bummed about about missed opportunities, but instead to appreciate whatever current situation I find myself. Everyday this week on my way to work, there have been spectacular sunsets. I mean really gorgeous. Like almost-get-into-a-wreck-because-you-can't-stop-staring beautiful! Well, I decided to just grab my point and shot and appreciate the spectacular sunrise for what I could.
So this was the best I could do. Gorgeous sunrise behind me, stealing glimbses of it in my dirt-covered side mirror of my car. So with my little crappy P&S camera, shooting a photo of my side mirror, traffic in the background, an awesome Wal-mart sign and a tangle of power lines.

I started trying to work some Lightroom magic on this photo. The above was just "imported" without any settings. I started playing around with things and cropped it a bit. This is better. It's not going to win any photo competitions, but it reminds me to make the most of the moment. It's still beautiful, but something about this being more "real" than all the staged photos. This is my life- watching the sunrise in my rear view mirror, partially obscured by urban clutter.

I drove the rest of the way to work, pondering the pretty, but obstructed sunrise. Getting to work, I was rewarded with this beautiful sight.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Opportunity abounds every day, even though it might not be optimal, it's probably still a great opportunity.