My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

FUN AT THE FAIR




The first part of our big outting to the Washington County Fair & Rodeo was the animal portion of the event. The cows at the livestock show are getting their own post ;) They had lots of educational things for the kids and a petting area. I don't think I've even seen a deer this close before. Poor little thing! It was so tired and just wanted to sleep.





This goat was doing the typical goat thing and eating everything and anything.



As any fair regular knows, you are really going only for the food. The choices here were outstanding and I was consuming some awesome food in minutes!



Look how happy I get when I have a Texas Tator Twister and steak-on-a-stick. Soon to be followed by the world famous Blue Bell icec ream- Oreo flavor none the less.


There was a cool exhibition of tractors at the fair too. They had several hundred tractors of all vintages and makes. Some were from around 1900 and still functional. The engineer in me was fascinated by this.


H & my step-dad wanted to check out the rabbits, chickens and turkeys. I can't even imagine what their conversation entailed.



Next up- the cows, rodeo, sunset and carnival at night.

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Small town Americana still exists.

2 comments:

a real librarian said...

I *love* the fair!!!

Christy said...

How Fun!
And how lucky are we to have BlueBell--a lot of people (most of the country) don't know what they are missing. :)