My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 14, 2007

CAMPING CONTINUED


Sad to say, it's been almost a year since our last adventure in the great outdoors. It's just too freaking hot here during the summer, so with the wedding last Spring- we missed camping season. Above is our first camping trip together to Pedernales Falls SP outside of Austin.



We went with two other couples and one other dog in October 2005! It's such a beautiful park, and we had a great time hanging hiking on the falls & rocks in the Pedernales River.

In November 2005, H and I headed to Lake Livingston SP, which is in the Piney Woods of East Texas. I remember it being cold & the Lake had been drained VERY low to check for damage after Hurricane Rita possibly caused damaged to the dam.


H was starting to get a little concerned about his knot holding both him and Zoe in the hammock.


We were lapsed campers and it again was almost a year before we headed back in November 2006 to Brazos Bend State Park- one of my favorites growing up. I bet I camped with the alligators more than a dozen times during my formative years with my mom & Gram. The park is only an hour from Houston, and there are numerous hike & bike trails that you can spend your day with nature on. Also, the super-cool George Observatory (Telescope) is there for star & planet watching at nights.


There are THOUSANDS of gators roaming the park, which adds to the excitement and adventure. This weekend, we are headed up to McKinney Falls SP near Austin. I've never camped there before, but I took Zoe a few times to play when we lived in Austin.

We're OFF!! A much needed break and some great couple time around the campfire. Plus Lots of fun with the camera =)

GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Getting back to nature is great for the soul.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Have fun! The only camping I do is at the Holiday Inn....lol.

Courtney said...

camping with alligators? Is this safe?