My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CAMPING: McKinney Falls, 2


We proceeded to start setting up camp and unloading the over-stuffed truck. Tent went up, chairs went out, and air mattress didn't inflate. Guess we'd used all the batteries up on the pump. Luckily, this particular park is literally IN Austin, so only about a 10 minute drive to a gas station to be robbed for some D batteries.



While H ran around doing man-things to set up, I was obsessed with the evening sun and capturing Zoe playing in the woods. I'd throw stones and she's chase them- always pointing as I was about to throw.




Then I became obsessed with catching some sun flare before it went down.




Driving around the park, we saw a few deer. I know if we hadn't had a dog, we probably would have seen more. Zoe saw them too out her window and was going nuts.



Sadly, it's still a wee bit too warm to camp comfortably (at least by my standards!). I invested in a small portable fan that was just the trick to make up for the super-calm night.



We did chuckle quite a bit after we built a fire and decided we'd rather sit around the fan ;)




GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Camping with electricity and water really isn't roughing it.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOL....that's funny, sitting around the fan instead of the campfire.

Christy said...

That's my kind of camping, just 10 minutes from a major city and sitting by the fan. :)

Courtney said...

Graet campsite!
I have never in my life had a FAN while camping. Can't say I've ever had that problem!!!!
Some great photos too! Love the light coming through the trees