My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

DENVER-BOUND




I taking off for another great job-perk, a quick trip to Denver. Although I was able to visit with my Aunt & Uncle in July, I get to see them again! My Colorado vacation pics kicked off my blog a few short months ago. I've been traveling to Colorado since I was a wee baby- that's me with my Uncle Don many years ago!


Even though the are in their mid-80's, they made the trek from Denver to Mexico for our wedding. They partied like rock-stars & we were so blessed and honored that they traveled so far to watch us say our vows. The above photo is my grandma & (her sister) Sue & Don. This was one of my favorite parts of the wedding. My dad lead the whole group in a prayer before dinner and everybody gather in a circle and held-hands.



One of my favorite parts about going to their house (yellow pin above) is that they live very near a huge greenbelt. Sadly, we don't really have much in the way of parks or open-space here in Houston. I usually try to sneak in a 6 mile run along the little creek, and can see all sorts of wildlife. Last trip, I didn't manage a run, but managed a little photo break. See some photos on the ground of his fun little park instead of on Google Earth.




This park extends quite a ways and you can probably see all the (faint) trails that run along the park, including a horse trail. Running west, I can catch a glimpse of the Rocky Mountains most days. This trip I'm going to stay at a hotel because I don't want to burden them with a house guest.




A fabulous feature of Google Earth is to highlight all the parks near my hotel & show me my running options for tomorrow morning. Another reason why I totally dig Denver- check out all those parks everywhere. I'm too embarrassed to even show the map of Houston.


GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Yea for travel- more pics to come soon!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Yay! Have fun...I heard it was snowing a few days ago.