My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

MY CHURCH

I had some extra time before my class at church last week, and I had my camera with me after taking horse and tree photos. I decided to take some photos of my church. Though raised in a Lutheran church for 18 years, I joined this Baptist church after moving home from college. I LOVE IT! It's such a fabulous place for me to grow my faith and strengthen my walk with God.

This is new Truth Student building across the street. It's a combination of warehouse/studio/coffee shop/arcade/skate park/volleyball courts/all-around-fun-place for the students. My brother has a blast hanging out there and invites his friends all the time.

I must say that whoever landscapes our church does an amazing job. The flowers and grounds are always kept in immaculate condition.

One neat part of the architecture of our church is that the glass atrium roof forms a cross when see from above. To the right in this photo is the huge worship area, which looks more like a tiered auditorium. To the left are three stories of class rooms.

I was having a swell time with my camera. I hope nobody thought I was too nuts.....


Thanks to Google Earth, you can see the church from above. The lower pie shaped area is the sanctuary, the cross is the atrium area, and the tetris looking areas on the upper left and right are class rooms. All the attached buildings and portable trailers are over-flow room for our classes. The big green area of trees to the left has unfortunate been mostly torn down for the new student building.
Now we head inside.....
GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: I have an amazing church home that continually impresses me with their commitment and dedication to sharing the Word.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

wow, that's a huge church!
Looks nice!