My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://clickthegoodnews.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

GREAT JOB PERKS



In addition to the fact that people are under the (wrong) impression that my job is very cool, CSI-like, I also have the benefit of getting to travel. On average, I’m a road warrior twice a month. Sometimes awesome places and sometimes not-so-awesome places. Last week I had to work in Denver and finagled my way into staying the whole weekend and flying up the hubster.


Denver is one of my favorite places to travel (at least for work). The weather is generally great, because I prefer the frigid winter snow to the hot humid inferno of Florida summers. Working in Colorado during the summer is as good as it gets. My other absolute favorite reason to visit Denver are my favorite family members- my aunt and uncle, Sue & Don. Everytime I get to Denver, I make it a point to stay an extra night and visit with them. Yes, they are THAT cool and swell. Stay tuned- they will get their own post in a few week




Another great job perk is that I work with super cool people. After my boss and I finished working, we headed to the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins. I’m not a beer fan, never really cared for it at all. *gasp* the horror…. but I’m always down for checking out new things. Besides, free booze and lots of college, um, scenery to enjoy.


The tasting room was filled with happy, athletic looking college students eagerly sipping on glass after glass of sampling brew. I think everybody in Colorado spends a great deal of time outdoors soaking up the fresh air, getting in great shape and getting awesome wind-blown locks of hair. The room is fun and funky- supposedly like the company. They give you a menu and you select 4 samples to taste-test. My boss helped me pick out the least beery-beer and we drank!









Though, I’m not exactly a beer fan now, I can honestly say that’s probably the most beer I’ve ever drank in my life. We had a great time and it was an awesome way to kick off the Colorado vacation. I loved that the makers of Fat Tire Ale gave the employee of the month his own bike.








GOOD NEWS OF THE DAY: Love your job- it can't be worse than these dirty jobs.

No comments: